Sunday, August 2, 2009

Proof that New Moon's Taylor Lautner is actually a 17 year old boy








A select few press agencies allowed to stalk the set of New Moon are finally able to begin revealing their experiences; all part of a well-schemed plan to provide regular intervals of hype before the flick is released November 20.
Hollywood.com’s Katie Bain was one of said press people, i.e. lucky fans. Her time-by-time blow of her stay on set gives fans a great inside picture of the filming process, with snippets of spoilers strewn along. Particularly noteworthy, however, was her interview with Taylor Lautner.

Taylor is a source of much confusion for mature fans. As Jacob Black, we consider him to be around 25. The problem is that a boy, 16 in Twilight, now 17 years old, plays him. To boot, he has gained 30 pounds of muscle in order to fit Stephenie Meyer’s larger, more muscled Jacob. More discussion on the topic of Taylor/Jacob to come.
That said, this interview deflates the image of sexy, ripped Jacob and scoops out the heart of who Taylor Lautner is. A boy. The “yeahs” and “likes” give it away. But all in all, it’s sweet to hear and makes pictures of the boy with glistening muscles all the more bittersweet.
Bain starts off her synopsis with:
2:50PM Taylor Lautner meets us in the parking lot wearing a sick pair of high-top sneakers and black skinny-leg jeans. He is polite, well-spoken and has perfect skin. Totes dreamy ... for a 17-year-old.
In a nutshell, Taylor says about the film:

What about the wig?
TL: The long hair is definitely a wig. I just wrapped with the wig a few days ago. That was amazing. The whole crew gave an applause. I was so happy.

Are you going to keep it?
TL: They were like, "So do you want to keep it?" and I was like, "If you give it to me I’ll probably burn it."

Have you had a chance to meet (Eclipse director) David Slade yet?
TL: He came up here briefly. I was in the middle of a stunt rehearsal, and he showed up with Wyck [Godfrey], one of our producers, and he was like, “Hey, this is David.” And at this point, he wasn’t signed onto the film, and I had no idea who he was. Then all the sudden he started putting these camera hands in my face like, "Yeah, I think this would be a good angle right here." And I was like, "What is he doing?"

Then finally as he was doing that, Wyck was like, “Oh, I should probably tell you who this is. This is David Slade. He’s probably going to be doing Eclipse." I was like, "Oh, that makes sense now."

What has been your favorite scene to film so far?
TL: I’d either say some cool action scene I got to do, because I really do like the action. Or I really like the breakup scene. We call it the breakup scene. It’s the first time Bella sees Jacob after he’s transformed when she comes to his house. And she sees for the first time his hair is cut, he’s different. He tells her that we shouldn’t be friends. It’s a really emotional scene.

Considering how moody Jacob gets, do you feel bad for Bella at all?
TL: I don’t feel bad one bit. I feel bad for myself. When I was reading the books, I felt so bad for Jacob’s character, but now that I’m actually living him, I feel way worse.
Bella is toying with Jacob. I don’t care if she’s ripped between the two guys. I feel so bad for Jacob because she confuses him. One moment she’ll want to kiss him, and the next moment she’s ditching him for Edward. I understand where Bella’s coming from, and it’s a crappy situation for all of them, but I feel really bad for Jacob.

A lot of fans are really looking forward to the scene in Eclipse where Bella and Jacob finally have the kiss.
TL: Yeah, so am I.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment