Saturday, May 23, 2009

Embarrassed vampire Robert Pattinson






Robert Pattinson.  He said:
Robert Pattinson. He said: "The Edward in the book is like an enigma of everything that's perfect about a man. It's like, 'He walked into a room and it hurts to see how beautiful he is.' It's just kind of embarrassing. I just couldn't figure out a way to act perfect. I felt like an idiot going into the audition - even having the gall to go in means you're a bit of an arrogant


The actor - who plays handsome vampire Edward Cullen in the hit movie and its upcoming sequel - felt like an "arrogant k" auditioning for the film because he is not flawless like '17 Again' hunk Zac Efron.

He said: "The Edward in the book is like an enigma of everything that's perfect about a man. It's like, 'He walked into a room and it hurts to see how beautiful he is.' It's just kind of embarrassing. I just couldn't figure out a way to act perfect. I felt like an idiot going into the audition - even having the gall to go in means you're a bit of an arrogant k. Who could possibly play it apart from Zac Efron?"

Despite his current pin-up status, the 22-year-old British actor says his casting was initially rejected by fans if the book series.

He explained to Look magazine: "'Twilight' fans are very loyal to the book and to the author Stephanie Meyer. And I got a 100 per cent negative reception when I got cast. I kind of expected it, though."

Robert - who also played Cedric in the wizard film franchise 'Harry Potter' - still struggles to cope with these newfound levels of fame.

He said: "I mean, in 'Harry Potter' people likes the characters, but they don't want to sleep with them. And I guess it kind of adds a different intensity to it, which I still haven't got my head around."

No comments:

Post a Comment